IN THIS POLICY, THE INVESTMENT RISK IN INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO IS BORNE BY THE POLICYHOLDER.
It is a unit linked Endowment plan where the premium payment term (PPT) is limited to single lump sum, or uniformly over 3, 4 or 5 years. You can choose the level of cover within the limits, which will depend on whether the policy is a Single premium or Limited premium contract, term chosen and on the level of premium you agree to pay.
Four types of investment Funds are offered. Premiums paid after allocation charge will purchase units of the Fund type chosen. The Unit Fund is subject to various charges and value of units may increase or decrease, depending on the Net Asset Value (NAV).
1. Payment of Premiums: You may pay premiums regularly at yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly (through ECS mode only) intervals over the premium paying term of 3, 4 or 5 years. Alternatively, a Single premium can be paid.
2. Eligibility Conditions and Other Restrictions:
(a) Minimum Age at entry – 0 (age last birthday)
(b) Maximum Age at entry – 65 years (age nearer birthday)
(c) Minimum Maturity Age – 18 years (completed)
(d) Maximum Maturity Age – 75 years nearest birthday
(e) Policy Term –
For premium paying term 3 and 4 yrs: [10 to 20] years
For premium paying term 5 yrs: [10, 15 to 20] years
For single premium: [5 to 20] years
(f) Minimum Premium –
Rs. [15,000] p.a. for Limited premium Paying Term policies (other than monthly (ECS) mode.
Rs. [1,500] p.m. for monthly (ECS) mode
Rs. [40,000] p.a. for Single premium policies
(g) Sum Assured under the Basic Plan –
Regular premium: 5 times the annualized premium
Minimum Sum assured:
1.25 times the single premium.
Maximum Sum assured:
If Critical Illness Benefit Rider is opted for:
5 times the Single premium if age at maturity is up to 55 years.
3 times the Single premium if age at maturity is 56 to 60 years.
If Critical Illness Benefit Rider is not opted for:
5 times the Single premium if age at maturity is up to 65 years.
3 times the Single premium if age at maturity is 66 to 70 years.
2.5 times the Single premium if age at maturity is 71 years and above.
Where the minimum Sum Assured is not in the multiples of Rs. 5,000, it will be rounded off to the next multiple of Rs. 5,000. Annualized Premiums shall be payable in multiple of Rs. 1,000 for other than ECS monthly. For monthly (ECS), the premium shall in multiples of Rs. 250/-.
Commencement of risk in case of minor: Risk will commence either after 2 years from the date of commencement of policy or from the policy anniversary coinciding with or immediately following the completion of 7 years of age, whichever is later in case the age at entry of the life assured is less than or equal to 10 years. Where the age at entry is more than 10 years but less than 12 years, the risk shall commence from the policy anniversary coinciding with or next following 12th birthday of the Life Assured. In case of minors aged 12 years or more risk will commence immediately.
3. Other Features:
i) Partial Withdrawals: You may encash the units partially after the third policy anniversary subject to the following:
1. In case of minors, partial withdrawals shall be allowed from the policy anniversary coinciding with or next following the date on which the life assured attains majority (i.e. on or after 18th birthday).
2. Partial withdrawals may be in the form of fixed amount or in the form of fixed number of units.
3. For 2 years’ period from the date of withdrawal, the Sum Assured under the Basic plan shall be reduced to the extent of the amount of partial withdrawals made.
4. Under Limited Premium Paying Term policies where less than 3 years’ premiums have been paid and further premiums are not paid, the partial withdrawals shall not be allowed.
5. Under Limited Premium Paying Term policies where at least 3 years’ premiums have been paid, partial withdrawal will be allowed subject to Policyholder’s Fund Value being at least Rs. 10000/-.
6. Under Single Premium policies, the partial withdrawal will be allowed subject to a minimum balance of Rs. 5000/- in the Policyholder’s Fund Value.
ii) Switching: You can switch between any fund types for the entire Fund Value during the policy term subject to switching charges, if any.
iii) Discontinuance of premiums: If premiums are payable either yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly (ECS) and the same have not been duly paid within the days of grace under the Policy, the Policy will lapse. A lapsed policy can be revived during the period of two years from the due date of first unpaid premium.
I) Where atleast 3 years’ premiums have been paid, the Life Cover, Accident Benefit and Critical Illness Benefit riders, if any, shall continue during the revival period.
During this period, the charges for Mortality, Accident Benefit and / or Critical Illness Benefit cover, if any, shall be taken, in addition to other charges, by canceling an appropriate number of units out of the Policyholder’s Fund Value every month. This will continue to provide relevant risk covers for:
1. two years from the due date of first unpaid premium, or
2. till the date of maturity, or
3. till such period that the Policyholder’s Fund Value reduces to Rs. 5,000/-,
which ever is earlier.
The benefits payable under the policy in different contingencies during this period shall be as under:
A. In case of Death: Higher of Sum Assured under the Basic Plan or the Policyholder’s Fund Value. The Sum Assured shall be subject to provisions of Partial Withdrawals made, if any.
B. In case of Death due to accident: Accident Benefit Sum Assured in addition to the amount under A above, if Accident Benefit is opted for.
C. In case of Critical Illness claim: Critical Illness Rider Sum Assured, if opted for.
D. On maturity: The Policyholder’s Fund Value.
E. In case of Surrender (including Compulsory Surrender): The Policyholder’s Fund Value. The Surrender value, however, shall be paid only after the completion of 3 policy years.
F. In case of Partial Withdrawals: For 2 years period from the date of withdrawal, the sum assured under the basic plan shall be reduced to the extent of the amount of partial withdrawals made.
II) Where the policy lapses without payment of at least 3 years’ premiums, the Life Cover, Accident Benefit and/or Critical Illness Benefit rider covers, if any, shall cease and no charges for these benefits shall be deducted. However, deduction of all the other charges shall continue. The benefits under such a lapsed policy shall be payable as under:
G. In case of Death: The Policyholder’s Fund Value.
In case of death due to accident:
Only, the amount as under G above.
H. In case of Critical Illness claim: Nil
I. In case of Surrender (including Compulsory Surrender): Policyholder’s Fund Value / monetary value as the case may be, shall be payable after the completion of the third policy anniversary. No amount shall be payable within 3 years from the date of commencement of policy.
J. In case of Partial withdrawal: Partial Withdrawals shall not be allowed under such a policy even after completion of 3 years period.
iv) Revival: If due premium is not paid within the days of grace, the policy lapses. A lapsed policy can be revived during the period of two years from the due date of first unpaid premium or before maturity, whichever is earlier. The period during which the policy can be revived will be called “Period of revival” or “revival period”.
If premiums have not been paid for at least 3 full years, the policy may be revived within two years from the due date of first unpaid premium. The revival shall be made on submission of proof of continued insurability to the satisfaction of the Corporation and the payment of all the arrears of premium without interest.
If atleast 3 full years’ premiums have been paid and subsequent premiums are not paid, the policy may be revived within two years from the due date of first unpaid premium but before the date of maturity. No proof of continued insurability shall be required but all arrears of premium without interest shall be required to be paid.
The Corporation reserves the right to accept the revival at its own terms or decline the revival of a lapsed policy. The revival of a lapsed policy shall take effect only after the same is approved by the Corporation and is specifically communicated in writing to the Proposer / Life Assured.
Irrespective of what is stated above, if less than 3 years’ premiums have been paid and the Policyholder’s Fund Value is not sufficient to recover the charges, the policy shall be terminated and thereafter revival will not be entertained. If 3 years’ or more than 3 years’ premiums have been paid and the Policyholder’s Fund Value reduces to Rs. 5000/-, the policy shall terminate and Policyholder’s Fund Value as on such date shall be refunded to the Life Assured and thereafter revival will not be allowed.
v) Settlement Option: When the policy comes for maturity, you may exercise “Settlement Option” and may receive the policy money in instalments spread over a period of not more than five years from the date of maturity. There shall not be any life cover during this period. The value of installment payable on the date specified shall be subject to investment risk i.e. the NAV may go up or down depending upon the performance of the fund.
A policy once surrendered cannot be reinstated.
5.Risks borne by the Policyholder:
1. LIC’s Profit Plus is a Unit Linked Life Insurance products which is different from the traditional insurance products and are subject to the risk factors.
2. The premium paid in Unit Linked Life Insurance policies are subject to investment risks associated with capital markets and the NAVs of the units may go up or down based on the performance of fund and factors influencing the capital market and the insured is responsible for his/her decisions.
3. Life Insurance Corporation of India is only the name of the Insurance Company and LIC’s Profit Plus is only the name of the unit linked life insurance contract and does not in any way indicate the quality of the contract, its future prospects or returns.
4. Please know the associated risks and the applicable charges, from your Insurance agent or the Intermediary or policy document of the insurer.
5. The various funds offered under this contract are the names of the funds and do not in any way indicate the quality of these plans, their future prospects and returns.
6. All benefits under the policy are also subject to the Tax Laws and other financial enactments as they exist from time to time.
6.Cooling off period:
If you are not satisfied with the “Terms and Conditions” of the policy, you may return the policy to us within 15 days.
No loan will be available under this plan.
Assignment will be allowed under this plan.
In case the Life Assured commits suicide at any time within one year, the Corporation will not entertain any claim by virtue of the policy except to the extent of the Fund Value of the units held in the Policyholder’s Fund Value on death.