The difference between losers and winners is that of perception. Those who look at the bright side, always have a bright future.
Succeeding in life requires having a well thought out strategy. Positive thinking and having the belief that you can succeed is a powerful strategy on its own. Thatâ€™s why it is vital to recognize the psyche of a winner, as well as know the things one can do to become a positive thinker.
Attitude is more important than your aptitude in determining success in Life. It is very critical to an achievement. Well, take the example of one of the greatest inventors â€“ Thomas Edison. Edison tried 10,000 times to get his light bulb invention to work, but failed each time. However, he had this to say about his lack of success. â€œI have not failed. Iâ€™ve just found 10,000 ways that wonâ€™t workâ€?.
We all have negative thoughts from time to time, but itâ€™s possible to turn our negative thoughts into positive ones says psychologist. Follow these simple guidelines to become a positive person.
* Identify your negative thoughts. Consider your excuses for the last idea you rejected. Maybe you thought about asking for a new assignment at work but didnâ€™t ask for it because youâ€™ve never done anything like it before or didnâ€™t know if you could handle the extra workload.
* Determine whether the excuses are valid. Check whether these obstacles really block you from achieving your goals, or just excuses based on fear or procrastination.
* Examine your fears. Maybe your fears are trying to tell to tell you that you are going on the wrong path. Instead of ignoring our fears, analyze them.
* Engage in positive â€œself-talkâ€?. â€œSelf-talk refers to the endless stream of thoughts that run through your head every day.
If you weed out misconceptions and irrational thinking and challenge them with rational, positive thoughts, your self-talk will slowly become realistic and self-affirming and you will start becoming an optimist.
* Focus on what you are good at and donâ€™t kill yourself on the rest. For example, if you are not good at computers, focus instead on what you do have to offer to your team, such as excellent speaking skills and a great client record.
* Surround yourself with positives: positive friends, upbeat music, happy thoughts, and your favorite memories. Call your friends every once in a while and get together to have fun.
* Nobodyâ€™s perfect. Remember that failing is okay too, as long as you can pick yourself back up and learn from the experience.
* Think of ways to overcome obstacles. Supposing you donâ€™t have the experience to take on a project. Maybe you could share the project with someone who does, so that you could â€˜learn the ropesâ€™.
Life is what you make it out to be. If you are plagued with persistent negative thoughts towards life, try to replace this mindset with a new positive one.
Having positive thoughts will improve your quality of life and work, so it is essential that you start thinking in a positive manner right away.