Dear Santa Claus,
Please be assured, that I have been a good HR all this year. I remain unaffected by the attrition and reviews. My chief aim was to increase the employee engagement score as declared by Hewitt. I screened every area and thought process within my reach, to click that path-breaking program, that will keep my employees happy. The distribution of benefits and career growth opportunities went to the deserving, to the best of my knowledge.
Industry in general was bright. when the year started. Hence, we were hiring in full swing. Towards the mid-year, the conservative out-look shadowed every talent management plan. Apart from certain roles, we remained disciplined towards new-hires. Considering this good behaviour, please include the following gifts for me :
- A training budget for the HR Team
- Performance reviews beyond the recency
- Greater focus on Social Learning without speculations for the ROI through a near term window, but a long term benefit.
- Life is ‘Wow’ attitude in our employees
- Business leader’s inclusions and not intrusions in HR functions.
- A think-through attitude and not a think-without, during the brainstorming sessions
- Agreed, accepted and an ‘owned’ goal path, not just a pre-destined one.
- Grant us a brain-gain , even through an attrition. When we build an alumni, we mean them.
- An honest salary-survey
- An Efficiency Dashboard that focusses on not just the task completed or even allocated, measure the incremental increase in performance and acknowledge the supporting features
- An implementation after a training program, including the behavioral ones.
- As we design the objectives for the next year, please let it be, unanimously echoed, from both the managers and reportees.
- Wishes can not be all expressed and contained in a list. So please allow us to follow up. We mean no harm, when we ask for an update or an upgrade.
Our wishes are few, so are our needs. God bless you, your elves and reindeer, for we acknowledge not just the leader but empathize the team contributing towards the success. Please let the world know, we remain your humble HRs
With best regards
P.S.: A request to the readers of this open letter, please add on to what has been missed. Remember, Santa is listening!