Starbucks has established itself as the premier purveyor of the finest coffee in the world, while maintaining our uncompromising principles. It follows six guiding principles, to measure the appropriateness of its decisions:
1) Provide great work environment and treat each other the respect and dignity
2) Embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we do business.
3) Apply the highest standards of excellence to the purchasing, roasting and fresh delivery of our coffee.
4) Develop enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time.
5) Contribute positively to our communities and our environment.
6) Recognize that profitability is essential to our future success.
The Starbucks experience:
A strong workplace environment:
Starbucks is devoted to investing in, supporting and engaging its partners in the constant reinvention of Starbucks. In fact, the first guiding principle in the Mission statement is to provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity.
Imagine working for a company that constantly aspires to realize this principle. Chances are, it’s like no place one has ever worked.
Diversity: At Starbucks diversity is an essential component of the way it does business. It believes strongly in embracing diversity so that it is the second principle in the Mission Statement. It strives to create a diverse workplace in which every partner’s voice is heard and in which all partners succeed while learning from on another. The company believes that building understanding, respect and appreciation for different people contribute to the growth ad to the growth of is partners.
Training & Education: The Company guides all new partners through an extensive orientation and fundamental training program to provide a solid foundation for career advancement at Starbucks. Some of he educational programs are:
1) Coffee Education – a course focusing on the Starbucks passion for coffee and understanding the core product.
2) Learning to lead – A three level program for baristas to develop leadership skills. The program also includes store operational and effective management practice training.
3) Business and communication – the Starbucks support Center (SSC) offers a variety of classes ranging form basic computer skills to conflict resolution, to management training.
Total pay (Compensation, stock, Benefits and Savings): Starbucks Total Pay package is referred to as Your Special Bend because it is unique to each partner. Partners that work full time or part time (20 hours or more per week) may participate in a variety of programs and make choices based on individual needs and interests.
Depending on job and personal situation, a partner’s total pay package may include:
1) Progressive Compensation Package
2) Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Prescription Drugs, dental and Vision.
3) Retirement savings plan.
4) Stock Options and Discount Stock Purchase Plan.
5) Income Protection Plan ( Life and Disability Coverage)
6) Management Bonus Plan.
7) Adoption assistance Plan
8) Domestic partner benefits
9) Referrals programs and support for child and eldercare.
10) Discounted Starbucks merchandise
And of course a partners get a pound of coffee each week.
They have a center for employees called the Starbucks Support Center which takes care of the career paths and growth opportunities for the employees:
1. Zone offices.
2. Roasting plants: Each plant has production and distribution responsibilities. The production team produces the coffee the distribution team manages the inventory and distribution of products and equipment tot the retail locations.
3. Store management: Store managers and assistant store mangers oversee the day to day operations of each. Starbucks location. Store management positions offer a great career experience for professionals with previous experience in retail management, for Baristas who desire increased responsibility.
Starbucks Internship Program:
Starbucks Coffee Company offer a limited number of internship opportunities to students during the summer months. Internship positions are available to currently enrolled college students, typically juniors and seniors. Available internship roles vary each year, depending on our business needs. The focus of the college internship programming at Starbucks is for the development of the student as well as to the growth and success of the company.
The majority of the internship opportunities are located at main office, the Starbucks Support Center (SSC) in Seattle Wash. The program takes place in the summer months, typically June through August, and includes a blended approach to work experience. Interns can expect to be immersed in the Starbucks Experience and coffee culture by the industry leaders in the specialty coffee market.
In keeping with our commitment to partner (employee) development and job growth opportunities, the internship program focuses on providing such opportunities to internal candidate first.